26 Weeks

This week has brought on a lot more heartburn and swollen ankles. I find myself spending more and more time with my feet up to keep my legs from retaining water. I've tried to drink more water and my Mom told me to cut down on the salt...any other ideas?
Other than that, things are progressing fine. Zöe is getting big- just over a foot long and nearly 2 pounds. I am tickled by the fact that I can see her movements from the outside very clearly. I've started to play a game with her in the mornings where I'll poke a spot on the belly and she bumps me there...then I'll follow the arm/leg/knee/elbow across my stomach. I am in love with this child and the feeling of life and movement inside of me. It is indescribable.
My Mom was in town for part of the week and it was so nice to have her here. She brought me baby clothes and all the nursery furniture...along with purchasing numerous things while here for her first Grandchild. She spoiled Love, Zöe, and I quite a bit while she was here and we are very grateful. I miss having my Mom around and wish she could daily witness the little miracles of this pregnancy. She left early this morning and I will miss having her, and my little brother, around. I'm so glad she got to see me at this stage of pregnancy and will again in a month when I head to New Mexico for my family baby shower.
Speaking of showers, I had my first on Tuesday night with Love's family. We played a couple games and mostly sat and talked, and then I opened gifts. It was really fun! We got lots of adorable and also extremely needed things for Zöe from the shower. I'm constantly amazed at how giving people are with the anticipation of this new little person growing inside of me. Receiving all those tiny and practical baby things made me antsy for her arrival. I can't wait! My sisters-in-law did an awesome job throwing the shower and I'm so very grateful!
It has been a busy week. Not only did I have my shower, family in town, and some physical ailments, Love's Grandfather passed away on Friday and we had his funeral on Wednesday. I didn't personally know the man very well, but Love took it rather hard. We spent the week mourning the loss of a great man and spending time with loved ones. The funeral was beautiful, there was an amazing spirit there and lots of people came to pay their respects. We're blessed to know that he is now in a better place, no longer suffering the sickness of his body. We love you Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a kind person you are to leave me a note!