And another thing...

First of all, thank you everyone who tried so hard to come up with good cold things! I feel better already. Not to mention the fact that Mother Earth decided to give me low 50's (F) and sunshine today. She totally rocks.

Sorry I haven't been able to write much recently. This week was not so good. This year it seems like we've had trial after trial with no breaks in-between. First the car accident, then Matt got food poisoning, then we decided to try and buy the only condo in a certain part of Utah that wasn't registered for FHA/ VA loans so we canceled that, bought a Mercedes (Matt's idea), found out that totaled car financial institution only wanted to put the insurance money towards principle AFTER we were late for the February payment (luckily we just paid off the loan and the GAP insurance will just mail the check to us), the money we used to pay off the car was supposed to go towards other debt and now that has to wait, Matt's Grandpa isn't likely to live much longer, and finally, I got to visit the emergency room on Monday. My life is a run-on sentence.

Now, don't worry, baby and I are doing just fine, but I was quite worried Monday morning. It all started Sunday night around 7pm. Every once in a while I get kind of a dull stretchy pain a couple inches down and to the right of my belly button. I was told that this was round ligament pain and just to lay down and relax and it would go away- and it usually does. But, Sunday night I stood up and it was more of a sharp much so that it was difficult to walk without being hunched over. So, I took it easy for the rest of the night and then went to bed thinking it would be gone by morning. Monday morning I woke up and it was worse.  Matt said I should call the doctor...I decided to be stubborn and wait to call until I got to work. It took me two and a half hours to get ready and get to work since I had to stop and sit down every few minutes. Once I arrived at work, I called my OB...who's nurse told me to put heat on it and take some pain meds and let them know if it got any worse. Five minutes later the nurse called back and told me to go to the emergency room. She was worried about the location of the pain being so close to where my appendix is. Now extremely anxious, I called Matt and told him to meet me at the emergency room. After an ultrasound and a long period of worried waiting while thoughts of surgery and blood and what was going to happen to Zöe running through my head, the doctor finally came in and said, "Well, how do you feel about a diagnosis of a UTI?" A little stunned that he was being so informal and speaking so quickly, I didn't hear a single thing he said after that. The nurse came in a while later and gave my my first dose of antibiotics and sent us on our merry way. I went home and rested for the remainder of the day. I'm feeling better now. After a couple days the pain went away and I'm getting near the end of the meds. I'm so glad it wasn't something more serious...something involving surgery.

I try not to complain, but I seem to do it by nature. I'm trying to keep an optimistic attitude through all these trials...always keeping in mind that we'll soon be blessed with a new baby girl. My growing tummy brings me joy and her kicks remind me always that she's there. I can't wait to meet her. I'm trying to take things in stride and stay stress-free for me and for her, but life seems to want to try my patience. Anyway, thanks internets for listening to my rant. I'll update more about Zoe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a kind person you are to leave me a note!